Laane's blog
Friday, January 28, 2005

My birthday!!!!




The positive effect of having 6 children is getting a lot of presents. LOL!
So I got a large book with quotes,
a miniature shop made in Colombia from clay and carefully handpainted.
I got a sweet, that was all sticky and dusty. But who can complain?
Got some beautiful drawings,
and a kind of little african mask,
"jewellery set"...ahem,
and a cardigan in the right color!!!

The wood of the windowsil split last week. A new wooden shelf was waiting, so I decided to put a bit of paint at the bottonpart of the window. The brush was changing hairs at exactly that moment, and the paint was crap. Then it turned out the shelf was 20 cm short.
That's the consequence of living with a DIY wonder with two left hands. LOL!

Then I found myself cleaning the room and doing the toilet.
I hate doing that on my birthday!!!!!

And then suddenly a friend arrived.
So I ran upstairs to get a look in the mirror and fix things while the kids opened the door.

Got a couple of phonecalls and when it was afternoon, the school called.
D had fallen at gymnastics.
So our friend brought us to ER, where we watched "As the world turns" in the waiting room. Didn't expect that to see on my birthday. LOL!





Luckily the arm wasn't broken, but because they were not completely sure they fixated it anyway.
She was great! Didn't complain at all.
We took Y with us and she was talking all the time.
No better opportunity than this to see how far she is behind in development. She is so sweet, but I'm worried about her.






When we went home and were waiting for the buss, three nurses were sharing a large bag with sweets.
Ofcourse the twins were looking and then suddenly they were asked if they wanted too.
It was such a nice and fun moment. Y got shy and they had to cheer to her to take three sweets. Then they told D to take a complete handful.
SHE DID!!! LOL!
So I said to her that I felt my upbringing had failed completely, just for fun. And everyone around us was laughing.
Such a nice moment. All those people smiling. Looked like christmas!

I was happy they had some sweets, because we had to walk home from the busstop and I really needed some silence in my ears.
And then the geese flew over........ such a beautiful moment!
I couldn't see them, but it felt like they were all around us......

At home none had taken the effort to start cooking. I was about to start when someone was at the door.

One of my best friends. He's the head editor of a monthly paper and he likes to hand it over to me. (He wants me to read and comment...)
He gave me a big hugg and walked back to his car.

So I felt happy he'd come over for my birthday, even while he had no time to come in.
Then D called him and said something about my birthday.
Turned out he'd forgotten. LOL!
We all had a good laugh, and I got a couple of extra huggss.

So we improvised dinner, meaning bread....

The kids had made a video interviewing each other. That was fun.
After I helped D to get ready for bed. Brushing her teeth and doing everything else, I was completely drained.
Fell asleep on their bed!!!

Some visitors and then the day was over.

Didn't even have time to go through the mail or do anything else.
I wanted to put the graphic gifts on a special page, but that will be done this weekend.
Thanks friends for sending them! I really appreciate it.


The days are just tooooooo short.

Labels:



Blogger Kurt said...
Happy Birthday greetings from the U.S.!  

Post a Comment






.......about a life ... comments, politics, observations, stories, me




My url:
http://laane.blogspot.com

url other site:
http://imbi.blogspot.com



    The Netherlands
    6 children
    one with autism
    another one with ADHD and dyslexia
    griefcounsellor
    political criticist
    choreographer
    and I can sing for you too.

    Don't comment on my english
    when you can't write my Dutch.


  • << Home







read this disclaimer


doodleboard
at the bottom of the page.
















.









some interesting sites.
Alas they take you off this site.

    Music Lyrics



    It's fun, it's interesting;
    if you subscribe through me
    I'll get some extra credits.
    That's nice, isn't it?
    Thanks!!















.







.



























Isn't it great and exciting to be invited to join something new? It's a place to discuss matters in an open-minded, non-judgemental way with people all over the world. It's new, so your input really makes a difference. So why not try it out?






Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Free Calendar from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

trailercode by Leejoo
clock from Clementine
date'n clock by Tiffany
an interesting host

Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger









































Powered for Blogger

countdownscript by Javakit
other scripts: Dynamic Drive















Sitegraphics, unless otherwise noted,
copyright ©KAMead 1995-2004 all rights reserved