Laane's blog
Thursday, January 27, 2005
.
.
So I called Child Care at 9. The woman who took my call was very kind and she told me someone would call back.
At about 10 the phone rang once. No call....

So we went to the appointment with the trustperson of school at about an hour later.

When we arrived in town we saw someone had called.
It was Child Care. She spoke rather bitchy.
But when I was talking with her she got nicer. Explained to me it would take about a week before we would be contacted, because they first had to assign the case to someone, etc etc.
Ofcourse I gave a quick explanation, but also said that I understood she couldn't take me on my word, as many others would say they didn't have done anything.
She laughed and said that was right.
Then I said that it was quite a disappointment that we couldn't make an appointment for this afternoon to get the matter settled, as I have my birthday tomorrow.
Also asked if the procedure could be stopped by anyone. Yes. If the headmaster would call.

Then I informed her we were going to see the trustperson of the school and we said goodbye. She even wished me a happy birthday! ttt....

After that I went through an almost unknown experience.
We were welcomed so very nice!!!
Not only by the secretary who gave us coffee and a little talk, but also by the trustperson.
It was like the warm sun.
He listened, took notes, asked questions and gave us the feeling he understood.
We talked half of the time about the bullying at school, and also about the whole situation about the homeschooling last year.
He got very interested and also distressed.
When you put all those issues on the table, there's a lot wrong at the school.
And he's going to bring this under the attention of people who can really change matters.

He also said he would consider what he could do about the report to child care.
He was very amazed we had absolutely no say in the matter, and that we weren't allow to have time to talk about it between us two and with Y.
He was also amazed that the headmaster did take no interest whatsoever when I wrote him that we had interesting information about the talk with Y, and that made him too feel like the headmaster is trying to get rid of us, because I'm fighting the bullying at school.
He was angry that there had been many "procedural mistakes". Especially waiting a whole month to inform either Child Care or me, and taking the risk during the christmas vacation made him angry.
He also concluded that the headmaster doesn't care one bit about Y.

When we went he patted Jim on the back, and held my arm for a moment to express his support.
I felt relaxed when we stepped out the door into the cold.

After that we visited the Fair Trade Shop. Found a nice bood with quotes for my birthday and had a talk with the owner. We both know each other for many years now. He even put on my favorite music! LOL!

After that we went to the library where one of the boys was waiting.
On our way through town we found a nice shop with Columbian Art.
We bought a little house there. It's so beautiful.
The girl who wrapped it was nice and there too we had a talk.

So one in all this day wasn't too bad.

But still...there's that strange tense feeling inside.....

And now I'll go to bed. It's my birthday!!

Labels:



Post a Comment






.......about a life ... comments, politics, observations, stories, me




My url:
http://laane.blogspot.com

url other site:
http://imbi.blogspot.com



    The Netherlands
    6 children
    one with autism
    another one with ADHD and dyslexia
    griefcounsellor
    political criticist
    choreographer
    and I can sing for you too.

    Don't comment on my english
    when you can't write my Dutch.


  • << Home







read this disclaimer


doodleboard
at the bottom of the page.
















.









some interesting sites.
Alas they take you off this site.

    Music Lyrics



    It's fun, it's interesting;
    if you subscribe through me
    I'll get some extra credits.
    That's nice, isn't it?
    Thanks!!















.







.



























Isn't it great and exciting to be invited to join something new? It's a place to discuss matters in an open-minded, non-judgemental way with people all over the world. It's new, so your input really makes a difference. So why not try it out?






Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Free Calendar from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

trailercode by Leejoo
clock from Clementine
date'n clock by Tiffany
an interesting host

Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger









































Powered for Blogger

countdownscript by Javakit
other scripts: Dynamic Drive















Sitegraphics, unless otherwise noted,
copyright ©KAMead 1995-2004 all rights reserved