Laane's blog
Monday, January 17, 2005

Are you redefining yourself?

.

It's interesting that so many people feel the need to redefine themselves.

Like they can throw away their old self, like dirty laundry and built themselves from toe to toe, all up to the upper hairs.

I can't remember ever having redefined myself.

Not when I was confronted with cancer...
........get a braintumor and you'll think about life and what you mean in this world, I can tell you.

Not when I lost my baby...
........which made the future turn black and make me just a woman on paper.

Not when I lost another baby...
........instead of turning into a psychiatric casestudy I discovered grieving is a learning proces and a skill.

Not when that husband of mine turned out to be someone I would never have married to.....

Maybe there's no time to redefine myself.
Life goes on and I don't want to run behind it trying to catch up.

All sorts of things happened and happen in my life... kids, bad health, name it...

But nothing has touched that deep inner core I experienced when I was young: me.

No need to redefine myself.... I just have to be silent, or singing, or dancing and I nearly can hold it in my hands and see it glistening in the sun.



Anonymous Anonymous said...
perhaps we don't redefine ourselves...perhaps we just fine tune.

letti.blogspot.com  

Blogger Gel said...
Hi! Your last line is not only clear as a crystal ball, it's profound, and beautifully poetic. We share similar experiences... Your blog struck many chords within me.I love music and dancing, too although I'm a fine artist and writer by profession. My blog has a musical theme woven through it. I like to read blogs with philosophy. Heck, I like to read! I'll be back. If you want to stop by, feel free. We finally had some good news so I've let that post stay up several days!  

Blogger Gel said...
Oh, I meant to state this but posted too early. I related *completely* to the vital privacy issues regarding blogging. It took me 3 months to decide to post publically. I still have not decided whether the need to express inner thoughts will supercede the possiblity that privacy may be compromised. Take care  

Post a Comment






.......about a life ... comments, politics, observations, stories, me




My url:
http://laane.blogspot.com

url other site:
http://imbi.blogspot.com



    The Netherlands
    6 children
    one with autism
    another one with ADHD and dyslexia
    griefcounsellor
    political criticist
    choreographer
    and I can sing for you too.

    Don't comment on my english
    when you can't write my Dutch.


  • << Home







read this disclaimer


doodleboard
at the bottom of the page.
















.









some interesting sites.
Alas they take you off this site.

    Music Lyrics



    It's fun, it's interesting;
    if you subscribe through me
    I'll get some extra credits.
    That's nice, isn't it?
    Thanks!!















.







.



























Isn't it great and exciting to be invited to join something new? It's a place to discuss matters in an open-minded, non-judgemental way with people all over the world. It's new, so your input really makes a difference. So why not try it out?






Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Free Calendar from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

trailercode by Leejoo
clock from Clementine
date'n clock by Tiffany
an interesting host

Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger









































Powered for Blogger

countdownscript by Javakit
other scripts: Dynamic Drive















Sitegraphics, unless otherwise noted,
copyright ©KAMead 1995-2004 all rights reserved