Laane's blog
Tuesday, January 04, 2005

He's different...

Mailed an online friend to be sure she was safe after the tsunamis.
She mailed back she was OK. Pffff.

Still haven't heard about some other people.
Friends of me have family in the disaster area, and we're searching for info.
Haven't succeeded yet.


Just saw a friend who has cancer again.
He's left now and has left a weird feeling.

For quite some time now he battles Hodgkin.

It took rather a long time before he acknowledged that something was wrong and went to a doctor.
Then the cancer appeared to have grown into an advanced stage.

It was quite a shock to him and he, in a way, incapsulated himself.
None was allowed to ask how he was doing, etc.
Well, I've had my bit in the past, so I did ask, and later he said I was the only person who he was able to confide in.

I felt like walking on tripwire. Afraid to say something wrong, ready to listen for parts of my days, and sometimes able to put some information or advice in.

We went through a lot.
And I went through some extra feelings, like when he said he didn't want to have radiation therapy and he'd rather die.
And he started to make arrangements, detailed arrangements.

And now?

I feel he's closed up completely.

Does it mean he's doing well and can cope on his own?
Have I done something wrong?
Have things gone worse and is he taking a distance?


Who knows......

He even walked out without a hugg. In good moods, but so absorbed in himself that he didn't even take notice.


One of the girls called him to give him a little applepie. We grabbed our chance to give him a huggg and that was completely OK.


But something is different......

I don't know what......


Well, time will tell...


Post a Comment






.......about a life ... comments, politics, observations, stories, me




My url:
http://laane.blogspot.com

url other site:
http://imbi.blogspot.com



    The Netherlands
    6 children
    one with autism
    another one with ADHD and dyslexia
    griefcounsellor
    political criticist
    choreographer
    and I can sing for you too.

    Don't comment on my english
    when you can't write my Dutch.


  • << Home







read this disclaimer


doodleboard
at the bottom of the page.
















.









some interesting sites.
Alas they take you off this site.

    Music Lyrics



    It's fun, it's interesting;
    if you subscribe through me
    I'll get some extra credits.
    That's nice, isn't it?
    Thanks!!















.







.



























Isn't it great and exciting to be invited to join something new? It's a place to discuss matters in an open-minded, non-judgemental way with people all over the world. It's new, so your input really makes a difference. So why not try it out?






Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Free Calendar from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

trailercode by Leejoo
clock from Clementine
date'n clock by Tiffany
an interesting host

Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger









































Powered for Blogger

countdownscript by Javakit
other scripts: Dynamic Drive















Sitegraphics, unless otherwise noted,
copyright ©KAMead 1995-2004 all rights reserved