Laane's blog
Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year

It was almost a pity to wake up the girls.
Two of those relaxed faces.
Djenne smiled as soon as she realised why she had to wake up.
Yinti just wanted to sleep, but we took her downstairs, and after a while she was awake too and enjoying the sweet things the boys had made.

It felt strange to watch the old years cabaret. Like the year couldn't come to an end with
everything going on.
We've all been so absorbed by the tragedy in Asia that we didn't even take the time to look back on our own year.

Well, ofcourse I had a glimpse back. I took some time a couple of days before christmas.
I needed some time with myself.
I didn't like this last year.
I told Jim to refrain from wishing me a good year, because emotionally he's not supposed to be part of it.
I feel it's being a hypocrit when he wishes me a good year, after he messed up everything we had.
It's due to my effort and mine alone that the children aren't hurt and aren't traumatised by what happened.

Just before 12 hours Yinti went back upstairs, with Stef and me going after her.
We persuaded her to come down again (and not go to sleep), and we were on the stairs when
they counted back, and came in the room when it was 12.

Well, I wanted something different... LOL!

We all had a glass with something non-alcoholic and went through the movements.
And then the fireworks started.
I felt numb... just felt nothing special.

While the 3 oldest boys were outside going to their friends, and lighting an odd piece of firework, the others were looking to the fireworks from the darkened room.
Me oh my, what a lot was going up..what a waste!!!
People had better given their money to the disaster committees.
I felt so sad.

I joined the english program and the girls and Nyo really enjoyed it.
We counted down with the Big Ben and I was in mind with my friends in England.

Then it was time for the girls to go to bed.

After the boys came home, we ate another something and we all went to sleep too.
On my mind the disaster in Asia......


Post a Comment






.......about a life ... comments, politics, observations, stories, me




My url:
http://laane.blogspot.com

url other site:
http://imbi.blogspot.com



    The Netherlands
    6 children
    one with autism
    another one with ADHD and dyslexia
    griefcounsellor
    political criticist
    choreographer
    and I can sing for you too.

    Don't comment on my english
    when you can't write my Dutch.


  • << Home







read this disclaimer


doodleboard
at the bottom of the page.
















.









some interesting sites.
Alas they take you off this site.

    Music Lyrics



    It's fun, it's interesting;
    if you subscribe through me
    I'll get some extra credits.
    That's nice, isn't it?
    Thanks!!















.







.



























Isn't it great and exciting to be invited to join something new? It's a place to discuss matters in an open-minded, non-judgemental way with people all over the world. It's new, so your input really makes a difference. So why not try it out?






Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Free Calendar from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

trailercode by Leejoo
clock from Clementine
date'n clock by Tiffany
an interesting host

Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger









































Powered for Blogger

countdownscript by Javakit
other scripts: Dynamic Drive















Sitegraphics, unless otherwise noted,
copyright ©KAMead 1995-2004 all rights reserved