Laane's blog
Friday, December 17, 2004

diabetes and more

Can't believe I can hardly walk in a normal way.
It's weird to have an injury again... Usually I'm not as accident prone.
Well, I've found out that I can move around the house when I place my foot sideways. Stretching my foot is a painful action, so it's a whiplash of the backsidemuscle of the leg.
It'll get better in time.

Got a mail from my doc.
He stated that he'd send one last week, but only now found it hadn't been send.
He immediately slipped into the helpless mode.

We know each other longer, so we know what we're doing with the other, I guess.
Well, at times we certainly do, but if it's consiously??? Don't know.

He wrote that he and his collegue (He has one for the first time, taking over a day.) agreed with
Lipitor, to try again to get my cholesterol down, after the Simvastatine caused serious side-effects.
They also agreed with the dosage. I suggested the small dose of 10 mg to slip it in. No way I want too much burden on the liver.
I still feel very emotional that I have to take medication against cholesterol.
Always had a very low level, till the diabetes broke out and ruined my health.

The doc also stated he didn't want to double the dosage of the Avandia, because they didn't want to go by a daycurve. Only wanted the HBA1c as a guide. (It's a kind of mean value over 6 weeks to 3 months.)

Well, I don't agree at all. If the glucose spikes after a meal (283 mg/dl or 15.7 mmol/l and the fasting value is too high (157 mg/dl or 8.7 mmol/l), there is something not good, even though the HBA1c is OK. (5.7)
That means that my average over a day is below: 135 mg/dl 7.5 mmol/l. Well I almost never measure values that counteract the high values to get a mean that low.
And that might be caused by the fact that the amino-acid disorder I have caused the bodycells to be built a bit different, so they can't uptake as much "indicator", thus causing a low HBA1c.

Well, in the mail I wrote back, I pointed that out.
But I also made clear I don't care anymore.
If he thinks he knows better: time will tell. It always did.... and as I base my opinion upon scientific research, time allways tells in my favor.

He also aksed me to come for a check-up, which is interesting, because he never takes initiative.
Made me remember the last time we had contact.
My iron and ferritine kept rising, going far beyond the maximum acceptable level, pointing towards hemochromatosis. When I needed another check-up I asked for measuring the ferritine.
He refused....because the health organisation needed cut-backs.
Haha!!! I wasn't asking for a DNA test! LOL!
So I told him why I asked my question and got the form for a test.
But I still feel a bit irritated, because I've always tried to be far away from doctors. I only go when I really have to.
So a broken finger, a broken toe, a whiplash, and more, haven't been under the eye of any docter. I know what needs to be done, so that's it.
Now I skipped three check-ups. (No need to do a check-up if a doc doesn't change medication.) So I saved the health system a lot of money. LOL!

I've written him why I hadn't been able to go to the hospital to get my bloodwork done.
Also gave a quick description of my physical situation.
But if he wants to see me anyway, I'm available monday-morning, if the waiting time isn't too long.

Well, we'll see.

All I want is a doctor that takes me serious and who knows his bits and trusts me when I say my thing.

Yinti got her schoolreport.
We compared how far she and Djenne are with reading and calculation.
Yinti is already doing more difficult things at calculation, but has lower points.
We all decided to top compairing points, because they can't be compaired.
Well, regardless of how the girls do at school, they have sound common sense and always a good
mood.
That's far more important!!!

Psychiatry failed to call back, so I was really exceptionally firm with Nyo, making him clear aaagaaiiinnn that certain behaviour is absolutely unacceptable.
Don't want another weekend like the last ones.
But Lars is acting out, so I guess he'll spoil the weekend.


Post a Comment






.......about a life ... comments, politics, observations, stories, me




My url:
http://laane.blogspot.com

url other site:
http://imbi.blogspot.com



    The Netherlands
    6 children
    one with autism
    another one with ADHD and dyslexia
    griefcounsellor
    political criticist
    choreographer
    and I can sing for you too.

    Don't comment on my english
    when you can't write my Dutch.


  • << Home







read this disclaimer


doodleboard
at the bottom of the page.
















.









some interesting sites.
Alas they take you off this site.

    Music Lyrics



    It's fun, it's interesting;
    if you subscribe through me
    I'll get some extra credits.
    That's nice, isn't it?
    Thanks!!















.







.



























Isn't it great and exciting to be invited to join something new? It's a place to discuss matters in an open-minded, non-judgemental way with people all over the world. It's new, so your input really makes a difference. So why not try it out?






Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Free Calendar from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

trailercode by Leejoo
clock from Clementine
date'n clock by Tiffany
an interesting host

Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger









































Powered for Blogger

countdownscript by Javakit
other scripts: Dynamic Drive















Sitegraphics, unless otherwise noted,
copyright ©KAMead 1995-2004 all rights reserved